Where to begin?
I coach cheerleading at Poky and we had our 5th District Cheer Competition in February and the girls did AWESOME!! They got two 2nds and a 1st and qualified for state in all three events! I am so happy for this great group of girls that I get to coach. They went through a lot the couple of weeks before competiton and they pulled it out with flying colors, I was so prroud. We have the State Competition in two weeks and I'm gettin nervous. Not because I think they will fail but because thats just how I am. When they perform, my heart beats a million miles a minute, I count every last count, and I scream and yell like a crazy person. Sounds weird, I know, but once they get on the competition floor there is nothing else I can do, say or teach, its all up to them. They have been doing so well this season and I can't wait for State!
Phil and I finally got new phones! YAY! We got the LG Chocolate Touch and I love it. I'm still getting used to the touch screen keyboard, but the camera is like 50 times better then my old crappy phone, so thats exciting! I still need to get some ringtones cause I don't like the boring ones that come with all phones. Not sure exactly what I want however. I'm really LOVING Michael Buble these days so he's bound to be a nice ringtone for me. And the Black Eyed Peas, they just make me want to dance!
For the past four days I have been sooo sick. I could have sworne I had strep throat but the doctors said no. To tell you the truth the doctors really didn't tell me anything...annoying. My throat was on fire, I thought my ears were going to explode, my head throbbed (but only when I would bend over or walk around) and my body couldn't decide on whether it wanted to be a million degrees or freezing. Oh and because of throat I sounded like a man. Phil, my cute little husband, took real good care of me though. He moved our spare TV and DVD player into our room so that I could just stay in bed and rest. He would always check on me while he was a work and made special grocery store runs for medicine we thought would help my illness and chocolate. I needed me some chocolate badly! He's such a little cutie and I love him to death! Oh, and I'm feeling a TON better today.
I am currently serving as the Laurel Advisor in my Ward's Young Women's and I am LOVING it. The girls are wonderful, they never stop amazing me. They all have such a beautiful spirit that eveytime I see their cute faces I just want to hug 'em! They are so willing to participate in lessons and voluteer to serve. I love it. At first I was really scared to teach, mostly because I didn't feel like I had enough knowledge to teach, but Heavenly Father is great. He always helps me get the point across. Since I've been teaching I have learned a lot too. The other leaders are awesome too. They all have such fun personalities and we all get along so well. I'm just loving this calling!
I'm excited for spring!!! I LOVE when I can just throw my ice scrapper in the trunk. Bring on the sunny skies and beautiful flowers! I know Phil is DYING to ride his bike everywhere. I'm mainly ready to be able to leave the house without having to wear a coat. I love spring and summer clothes and I just want to wear them. Especially flip flops. LOVE them.
Thanks for reading this VERY long post, but like I said before, its been a while. I had to cover all my bases! Love ya! :)
Carly!! I found your blog off of another one...and I"m glad that now we can be blogging buddies! I hope all is going well for you two!
ReplyDelete